The best way to get over your cheese addiction, is to watch a mother cow scream for days as her newborn child is ripped away from her; so that you can have her milk.
HOLD THE PHONE
IMA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE
CHECK YOUR FACTS
Hi there, I’ve worked on a dairy farm. Lemme just correct you.
1. Uhm the cows don’t scream for days, maybe like for an hour at the most but they get over it as soon as you feed them. Seriously. Baby, forgotten.
2. The calves still receive their mother’s milk. In fact, they receive MORE milk than they’d normally be getting, since farmers have figured out the exact amount of colostrum a calf needs to grow up healthy, and they can give this to the baby, whereas with natural feeding the calves often get too little.
3. They receive colostrum from the healthiest cows to insure that their immune system is bolstered enough. Infections and disease are INCREDIBLY common in dairy cows allowed to suckle. Farms even freeze colostrum from the healthiest mothers, just to insure that all calves will be able to have a sufficient quality of healthy, infection-free mother’s milk.
4. The calves are also removed from their mothers due to the high calf mortality rate when left with their mothers. Cows, ESPECIALLY first-time mothers, have the tendency to not care properly for their babies. We’ve had calves with broken legs because their mother stepped on them after birthing (and yes, they have adequate space, they’re just clumsy animals) A lot of new mothers will abandon the calf, or not care for it properly, or not allow it to nurse. Other cows may push around the calves. It’s much safer and healthier for both mother AND child if the calves are removed and placed in a safer area.
5. Calves get EXCELLENT care. They are bottle-fed mother’s milk, placed in roomy, well-bedded box stalls, blanketed, cleaned, vetted. The farm kind of obviously needs them as healthy as possible?
6. Most farms nowadays don’t even completely “take them away”. The farm I worked on would allow the cows to run with their calves for most of the time. They were fed separately for the health reasons listed above, and the cows would be brought in to be milked twice a day, and separated at night so no accidental nighttime injuries happened in the box stalls. They are weaned very gradually, and spend most of the time with their mothers, contrary to what PETA would have you believe.
THIS HAS BEEN A PSA ON BEHALF OF DAIRY FARMERS THANK U FOR TUNING IN REMEMBER TO CHECK UR FACTS NEXT TIME PLEASE
//You go so far as you poke him in the chest, glaring.
yOU REALLY THINK ME, oF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE, sHOULD BE ABLE TO DO AS i WANT?
yES, i DO, bUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE i DO? i AM THE LEADER OF A REBELLION, i CAN TELL YOU THAT, bY FAR, i AM HELD TO A HIGH STANDARD TO MORE PEOPLE THAN YOU COULD EVEN CONCEIVE, aND IF YOU THINK THAT YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO DO AS YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY, tHEN i MUST BE GIVING YOU A LOT MORE CREDIT WHERE THERE IS NONE,
yOU DO DESERVE TO BE HAPPY cHIRON, yOU DO NOT HAVE ANY STANDARDS TO MEET, yOU COULD WALK AROUND NAKED, sHOVING ANYTHING YOU COULD FIND IN YOUR NOOK FOR ALL ANYONE COULD CARE, iF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY, tHAT’S ALL THAT FUCKING MATTERS,
dON’T YOU DARE TRY TO TELL ME OTHERWISE,
Chiron instantly cast his gaze down at the floor as he was almost… reprimanded? No, not quite, but he certainly was getting told off. There was a certain amount of indignation boiling up within him as he listened to Bronze speak. How small minded did Bronze thing he was? How little did Bronze think he knew? What possessed him to think that Chiron couldn’t conceive of the situation he was in, when he was moirails - and matesprits! - with several of his alternates in the past? Of course he knew! He was a lead officer in the army for pity’s sake! It was why he had such a bloody large standard for himself in the first place!
And yet, Chiron couldn’t bring himself to speak. He had offended Bronze, and that was all he cared about. He wanted to make up for it, but he feared he didn’t know how to. So instead he stayed quiet, almost shrinking as Bronze continued speaking.
"I… of course, Bronze, I’m… I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. Habits are… are hard to break, I think… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. Really, I…"
/growl at him for that first bit
tELL ME cHIRON, wHY ARE WE NOT AT THE SAME LEVEL FOR THIS?
/cross your arms at him, frowning
A growling Bronze was not something Chiron ever wanted to hear. Oh dear. He’d… he’d upset the man. Dammit. Was there anything he could do right?
Because… well, it’s because… you should be happy, and you should do what makes you feel happy, while I… I should behaving like I was always e%pected to. OR, at least, that’s… that’s what I’ve been thinking….
nO, i AM NOT,
iF ANYTHING, i’M THE ONE WHO SHOULDN’T DO IT ANYMORE BECAUSE i’M HUMAN MARRIED,
yOU HAVE NO REASON TO NOT INDULGE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS,
You are e%tremely persistent and I highly doubt you’ll give this up… Mn.
I apologize for arguing. I just feel as if my highb100d would get a laugh out of the whole situation.
I don’t know why I think it matters, I just… I…
No! Of course not! You’re free to do anything you wish!
iF i AM NOT, tHEN YOU HAVE NO REASON TO THINK YOU ARE,
/pap his face
sO STOP CRYING ABOUT IT,
But, that’s not.
Quiet whining noises. Not even audible ones either.
You’re different than I am.
nO, i’M NOT,
Yes, you are. At least… as far as this goes…
((HELLA Kinda yeah I ship them a lil because fuck muralist is cute. so cute. oh my god so cute. but chiron’s being a big baby about summoners and his moirail and tavros. and also chiron’s kind of polyamorous and it doesn’t look like muralist would be okay with that so it wouldn’t happen im afraid))